Use this function to authorize and capture transactions for settlement. The customer may offer a card for payment in one of three ways: 1) Swipe through the magnetic reader; 2) tapping a contactless card; 3) inserting a “smart card” (one with an embedded chip) into the smart card reader located at the front of the terminal or PIN pad, a technology that adds an extra layer of security.
- Touch Cash Advance
- Key amount and press Enter
- Insert, Tap, Swipe or manually key card number and press Enter
- Confirm account number and press Yes NOTE: Will prompt for Swiped only transactions.
- Key last 4 digits of account number and press Enter NOTE: Will prompt for Swiped only transactions
- Key first 4 digits of account number and press Enter
- Terminal communicates with host for approval
- Press the desired option. If NO is selected, transaction will be reversed and voided. Initiate a new transaction to collect full amount.
- Touch either (Yes) or (No)
- Press Clear to return to idle prompt
Article is closed for comments.