Use this function to authorize and capture transactions for settlement. If the magnetic stripe is unreadable and a manual entry of the card is necessary, you must obtain a card imprint on the sales slip using a manual imprinter as verification that the card is present.
- Press Credit
- Press Sale
- Swipe card or manually key card number and press Enter
- Key expiration date and press Enter
- Press Yes if the card is present or Press No if the card is not present
- Key amount and press Enter
- Key the first 5 digits of the customer’s address and press Enter
- Key customer’s zip code and press Enter
- Terminal communicates with the host for approval
- Press Yes to print customer receipt
- Press Clear to return to idle prompt
Article is closed for comments.