Use this function to authorize and capture transactions for settlement. If the magnetic stripe is unreadable and a manual entry of the card is necessary, you must obtain a card imprint on the sales slip using a manual imprinter as verification that the card is present.
- Press [1 (Credit)].
- Press [1 (Sale)].
- Swipe card or manually key card number and press [Enter].
- Verify last 4 digits of account number and press [4 (Yes)].
- Key expiration date and press [Enter].
- Press [4(Yes)] if the card is present or [6(No)] if the card is not present.
- Key amount and press [Enter].
- Key amount and press [Yes/Enter].
- Key the first 5 digits of the customer’s address and press [Enter].
- Key the customer’s ZIP Code and press [Enter].
- Terminal communicates with the host for approval.
- Press [4(Yes)] to print customer receipt.
- Press [Clear] to return to idle prompt.
* Items in italics do not apply to every situation.
Article is closed for comments.