Keyed transactions will prompt for additional information. This not only helps minimize fraud; it can impact your processing fees. We recommend that you answer all of the prompts to ensure a lower cost to you when hand-keying a transaction.
The prompts will include:
Purchase Order /Invoice Number
- If you do not have a Purchase Order number, type in a three to four digit number
- Address associated with the credit card billing address
- The building number is all that is Example . 465 Main Street. Key in “465”
- Zip Code associated with the credit card billing address
- This is the three digit code on the back of the card, or the four digit code on the front of American Express cards
- If you do not receive the code, the terminal will prompt why and will give you options to select (Cannot read/illegible/not provided)
- NOTE: Some business cards require the CVV Code to run the transaction when the transaction is keyed
When the transaction goes in for an authorization, it does check the address and zip code of the cardholder against the card number and will display on the receipt if it is a Match or Mismatch. Please note that Mismatches will still generate an authorization. If you think this may be a fraudulent card, you have the option to void the transaction.
If you are not receiving these prompts (countertop terminals only), please call your assigned Merchant Specialist or a member of the BASYS Deployment team at 1-800-386-0711.